lydamorehouse: Renji is a moron (eyebrow tats)
[personal profile] lydamorehouse
 I am coming to you fully caffinated.  Today is payday for my family. So, after dropping Shawn off at work, I took myself downtown to my favorite coffee shop just off West 7th. No one makes coffee like Claddagh. I will cry big tears if they ever go out of business.

Last night I worked and then had to rush home to eat, change my clothes, and show up for my writers' group. I can't say that I contributed much. I'm not feeling much like a writer these days and, on top of that, I am generally wasted on Thursday nights because that's my "late" night at work. I know a lot of you out there work way longer hours than I do, so I can't really complain, but I don't do well not eating diner until 7:30 pm. I may have scared my colleagues with my blank, middle-distance stare. It was rough. But, at least I managed to show up, which is better than a lot of times.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Saturday, even though this is a weekend that I work. On Saturday, we are continuing the denouement of the orcish political campaign that I'm GMing. Last session, the villains were rounded up and sent off to face public trial of their peers (the orcs are experimenting with representational government, though it is currently very early Roman era wherein 'political assassination' is still a viable political move.) Even though there was a new election for senate leader, there was some discussion of whether or not the party should attempt a resurrection of "Ceaser," aka the former warlord who had built the empire. I'll be interesting to see what folks decide to do. I'm as prepared as a person can be with a highly creative, invested group of players.  But, I'm looking forward to Saturday precisely because of that. Who knows where this group will take the story next!  All I know, is that I'm here for it.

I'm hoping that my computer stays working enough that I can catch up on some other projects I've had to let sit, like the new blogs I'm trying to write on my ancient Tate Hallaway site. I was doing really well there for a while and then my computer started glitching out and now it's been several days since I've written anything. Plus, I restarted an old fanfic series and I also want to continue on that. 

But as I am fond of saying, "you can only do what you can do."

How's everyone else? Plans for the weekend?


Date: 2026-08-28 01:46 pm (UTC)
lcohen: (rpg)
From: [personal profile] lcohen
i think i'll drop by to see what the orcs decide :) .

Date: 2026-08-28 01:58 pm (UTC)
oracne: turtle (Default)
From: [personal profile] oracne
I feel you on Not Feeling Like a Writer. I hope it passes soon.

Date: 2026-08-28 07:50 pm (UTC)
mrissa: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mrissa
I also like Claddagh very much.

Tomorrow I am doing my first run-through on the Bryant Lake Bowl thing that you did previously, so wish me luck! Then I am trying a new recipe for bestie's birthday.

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
2 3 4 5678
910 11 12 13 1415
16 1718 19202122
23242526 27 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 12:52 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios